With QuickBooks, you have the flexibility to generate valuable business reports and insights of the transactions of your company. And in case you wish to use such reports outside of QuickBooks, all you need to do is export them to Excel. Once clients export transactions from QuickBooks online to excel, it becomes comparatively easy to view the transactions and use them for crucial business discretion.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
What is Exporting Transactions from QuickBooks Online to Excel?
Exporting transactions from QuickBooks online to Excel is an important aspect of a business to simplify processes and enhance operational efficiency.
QuickBooks provides a simple procedure to move the entries so that clients can download them and use them anytime. From transactions to reports and lists, all can be exported into individual Excel files in a zip format in just one go.
Why do You need to Export Transactions from QuickBooks Online to Excel?
When you export transactions from QuickBooks Online and transform it into an Excel format, it will help you to analyze the particular data and use it to increase operational efficiency.
Add to it, transactions in Excel format will also help in reporting and migrating business data. Extracting transactions report from QuickBooks and importing it into Excel also becomes imperative if you wish to edit the business reports or centralize them in a big workbook.
Export Transactions Using Dancing Numbers Online
Users can export transactions from QuickBooks Online in under a minute using the Dancing Numbers online service. You can download the transactions (invoices to journal entries) and Lists (customers, vendors) from QuickBooks Online using the EXPORT option from SaasAnt Transactions (Online).
Let’s look at the process step-by-step for exporting transactions from QuickBooks Online using Dancing Numbers.
Steps Export Transactions from QuickBooks Online using Dancing Numbers Online
- First, you have to select the Export menu
- Then you have to select the Date Range according to your needs
- Now choose Entity (Invoice to Journal Entries or Customer, etc) as per your needs
- Select Search option
- You can now download the CSV file
How to Search By Dates?
- Search By Transaction / List Created Date: The specified date range is used to filter the transactions that were originally imported from QuickBooks and CREATED on particular dates (recorded in Quickbooks). The actual invoice date, for example, would be 10-10-2015. However, it would have been made on January 10, 2015. So on 1/10/2015, this search works. Users are asked to choose the date range from the available calendar.
- Search by Transaction Date: The transactions with transacted dates in the particular period are filtered using the given date range. For example, the dates of an invoice, a bill, and a payment.
How to Export Transactions from QuickBooks Online to Excel?
In order to successfully export transactions from QuickBooks online to Excel, you need to follow certain procedures. Here are the steps:
- Step 1: In your QuickBooks account, choose Reports.
- Step 2: Look for the transaction report you wish to export.
- Step 3: At the very top end of the report there is an Export icon. Choose the Export icon and then choose Export to Excel.
- Step 4: Save the file where you wish to like your desktop or Downloads folder.
Note: If you lack data when you open the particular report in Excel, the file will be in protected view. In Excel format, you will need to choose Enable Editing in order to view the full report.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
How many Types of Data are there that Companies want to Export?
There are 3 types of data which companies typically export: Items, customers, and transactions.
Will Exporting Transactions from QuickBooks Online to Data Change the Numbers or Details?
No. Exporting transactions from QuickBooks online to data will not change the numbers or details in the report.