QuickBooks is the most widely used accounting software to manage the finance-based data smoothly and securely. Exporting MS Excel files seems challenging in QuickBooks unless you have proper insights about the perfect techniques used for exporting. You can easily export excel formatted files in QuickBooks desktops without affecting the existing data. Here in this article, we will explain How to export MS Excel files and what files can be exported in QuickBooks.
How to Export MS Excel files from QuickBooks?
Below-mentioned is the list of different MS excels files you can export in QuickBooks Desktop:
Customer/Vendor/Payroll List & Transactions:
Here are the steps:
- Open your QuickBooks
- Locate Vendor/Customer/Payroll center
- Choose drop-down named Excel and then select the preference given below:
- Export Customer/Employee list/Vendor list if you need to export-related the mentioned field data like balances, name and contact information
- Export Transactions: in case you require to export transactions through name or their type
- Discover the Export window, select whether to generate a new worksheet, or need to update an existing worksheet.
- Choose the Export option
- It will let QuickBooks display MS Excel where you can edit the required information
- Open QuickBooks
- Discover the list option and then click on Item List
- Locate drop-down named Excel and then select Export all items
- View the Export window to select the worksheet; you can choose the existing one or create a new sheet
- Click on Export option
- The MS Excel will display on the screen where you can perform the required editing
Reports contain information regarding QuickBooks exports to Excel. It consists of the below items:
- Date present in the report as it appeared on the screen
- Row labels determining the contents associated with each row
- Report’s headers and footers.
- The formula for totals, subtotals, and other calculations.
The Following are the Steps to Export the MS Excel formatted Reports:
- Choose and open the report that you need to export
- Locate the drop-down named Excel located at the top of the report
- Click Create New Worksheet or Update Existing Worksheet
- Discover the window named Send Report to Excel to select the required task in the report
- Choose the Advanced option to view other available buttons for the exported report
- Hit on OK button
- Make sure that the exported report displaying the header description
- If you are accessing an advanced version of MS excel and your exported report unable to display header information, then follow the below step:
Locate the Printing button and ensure that you have selected the On Printed report and
- Once done, click on the Export option; the MS Excel sheets will display on the screen. You can easily edit the information as required.
Why Choose Dancingnumbers Exporter?
Dancing Numbers Exporter is user-friendly software providing ease of exporting files, including MS Excel files. Don’t worry about the compatibility issue! It supports all advanced QuickBooks version. It is developed by using an advanced algorithm to streamline the export process. The plus point is you can export files in bulk by consuming less time with a few clicks. Download this useful tool from the Dancingnumbers. It will save more time.
Hopefully, the above article provided you information on How to export MS Excel files from QuickBooks. Don’t forget to take a backup before performing the backup process. Use Dancing Numbers tools for importing, exporting, and deleting data in QuickBooks. Stay tuned in this website to get more updated guidance to streamline the Import, Export, and Delete process in QuickBooks.