QuickBooks error 6129 is a mistake which will occur once attempting to open a QuickBooks company file. This error is caused by variety of things, as well as file corruption or injury, incorrect permissions, or a difficulty with the QuickBooks installation.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
This article won’t solely tell you what’s the error all regarding but, will also showcase you step by step resolution to solve the error identical by yourself. Therefore, let’s have a glance currently on the explanations behind such QuickBooks error code 6129.
What is the QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
QuickBooks Error 6129 could be a common error that happens once there is a haul gap or employing a company file. This error will be caused by several things, like incorrect permissions assault the corporate file or injury to the file itself. If you are experiencing this error, there square measure a number of stuff you will try and fix it.
First, check that the QuickBooks file you are making an attempt to open is within the same directory as the QuickBooks program. If it is not, move it to the identical directory and check out gap once more. If that does not work, strive restarting your laptop and then try opening QuickBooks again. If the matter persists, you may go to repair or re-make your QuickBooks file.
|Error Code:||Error 6129 0||Developer:||Intuit Inc.|
|Error Description:||Error 6129 0: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.||Software:||QuickBooks|
|Cause:||Third-party antivirus or anti-malware application, Can’t access your company file, Corrupt company file||Applies to:||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8|
Here is the QuickBooks error 6129 message:
Error Code: -6129, 0: Database connection verification failure
What are the Possible Causes of QuickBooks Error 6129, 0?
Some of the common causes of QuickBooks error 6129 are listed below:
- Third-party antivirus or anti-malware application interrupts QuickBooks
- QuickBooks isn’t up to this point.
- Corrupt/ broken company file.
- Incorrect settings within the QuickBooks Preferences.
- The Windows user account doesn’t have spare permissions.
- QuickBooks freezes or crashes when you try to open a company file.
- You can’t access your company file from another laptop on your network.
What are the Signs or Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6129?
There are several signs that QuickBooks error 6129 may be present on your system, including:
- A slowdown in performance.
- Freezing or crashing of the QuickBooks software.
- An inability to access certain features or data.
- QuickBooks error messages being displayed.
- The error message states the application needs to be closed as the software has encountered an issue.
- Your QuickBooks file might become corrupted or damaged.
Troubleshooting Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6129
Some of the solutions are provided below for helping out users like you.
Troubleshooting 1: Renaming of QuickBooks .ND File
It is a given fact that corruption in the .ND file can give rise to the QuickBooks error 6129. So here are the steps to troubleshoot this error:
- To Start, First in QuickBooks, locate the particular .ND files.
- Do a right-click on the particular file to edit the old name.
- Click the Rename button.
- Now after the last alphabet just add OLD.
- Now click Enter.
- Now you will be able to use the QuickBooks file with the help of one system.
- However, if there are several systems, carry out the steps provided next.
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Now click the Programs button.
- Now click QuickBooks database server manager.
- Now select the Scan Folder.
- If you face problems in using the particular folder with the QuickBooks file, then click the Add Folder button.
- Now select Scan.
- It will begin scanning the particular process.
- Ensure that you do not interrupt as long as the scanning is in progress.
- After it is complete, just close it and then start QuickBooks again.
- Now you can access the particular QuickBooks file.
Troubleshooting 2: Disable the Installed Antivirus
- To begin, restart your QuickBooks software.
- Ensure that the safe mode is not changed.
- Now, just disable the antivirus software.
- Now try creating a company file on your given system.
- Your system must be in the normal working mode.
- Now just reboot it.
- Now use the QuickBooks software.
- Use your QuickBooks software.
- Now open the Company file.
- Lastly, just see if the error persists or not. If yes, then move on to the next solution.
Troubleshooting 3: Update the QuickBooks Desktop
Updating of QuickBooks will help in fixing the QuickBooks error 6129. Here are the steps to update your QuickBooks software:
- Begin the process by starting the QuickBooks software.
- Now go to the Help menu.
- Now select the Update QuickBooks Desktop menu.
- Now you need to press the Update Now option.
- Now select the Get Updates option.
- The downloading process of the update will start.
- Now you need to restart the system post that.
- Now go via the instructions properly in order to install the update.
Troubleshooting 4: Log in as Administrator
- Access the particular QuickBooks file.
- Press the option, Run as Admin in order to log in as Windows admin.
- Now update the QuickBooks file.
- If you experience some problems during login in the Windows admin then begin to contact Windows support.
Troubleshooting 5: Run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- First, You need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub and then install it.
- Now open the Tool Hub.
- Now press Network issues.
- Select QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now fix the issue.
- Now try to enhance the communication between the server and software.
- Wait as long as the process is on.
- Lastly, reboot the system.
Troubleshooting 6: Make a QuickBooks Folder
- In QuickBooks Files, Create a folder.
- Now open the folder and choose the company files.
- In case single-mode is used in the system, then the steps are enough. However, if multi-user mode is being used, then use the next steps.
- Select Start.
- Press the Programs button.
- Now press QuickBooks.
- Now select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now, click the Scan Folder button.
- In case you could not locate the folder, then click Add Folder.
- Now just choose Scan.
- When the scanning is over, select Close.
- Lastly, just use QuickBooks company files to see if it is running or not.
Troubleshooting 7: Do a Clean Install
- To start with, open the particular QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now press the installation Issues. After that, press the Clean Install Tool.
- Now clean installation will begin on the device.
Troubleshooting 8: Start the Selective Start up
- First, click the Ctrl + R buttons to open the particular Run window.
- Now add msconfig.
- Now click the Selective startup option.
- Ensure to click the general option.
- Select Load System Service after that.
- Now click Load Startup.
- When everything is complete, click the Services button.
- Press the Hide all Microsoft Services.
- Select Disable option.
- Delete the checkmark from the Microsoft services.
- Take a look at the list of services. Checkmark the Windows Installer box.
- Press OK.
- After that, press the Restart on the System Configuration screen.
- The computer will start. Now begin uninstallation of QuickBooks and then reinstallation.
- Now use the Run screen.
- Enter Msconfig.
- Now press on the Normal setup button.
- Select OK and then restart the system.
Troubleshooting 9: Disable Multi-User Mode
QuickBooks Error Code 6129 can occurs if your multi-user mode on the host system is enables. So, you can confirm that disable the multi-user mode. Follow the below mention steps:
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks software.
- Click on File menu after that click on utilities.
- Now, scroll down to the tab and click on Stop Hosting Multi-user access.
QuickBooks error 6129, can be an exhausting experience, but there are ways to fix it. First, try restarting your computer. If that doesn’t work, uninstall and then reinstall QuickBooks. You can also try running the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
If you’re still having trouble, You can connect with Dancing Numbers experts via LIVE CHAT.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
Which Version of QuickBooks is required to fix QuickBooks Error 6129? And is Professional help required to fix the QuickBooks error 6129?
So, In order to fix the QuickBooks error 6129, one need to have the QuickBooks version 2013 or latter installed. In case you are unable to follow the steps for manually resolution, you may need a professional to help in resolving the issue completely.
What are the Points to Consider Before Starting the Solution Steps for QuickBooks Error 6129?
Here are the points to consider before starting the solution steps for QuickBooks error 6129:
• Restart your computer first. Then log in as Admin.
• Ensure all the updates of QuickBooks Desktop application are installed.
• Change the company file name if the issue is still present.
• Check if the error appears in sample files too.