You can use QuickBooks Desktop to email pay stubs to your employees. Pay stubs are known as PDFs delivered with protected password. The reason is to preserve the layout and format of the pay stubs. Once the email is received, the password is entered, any employee can take the printout of this pay stop or save it in the drive. It comes into force for the security of the information of employees.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
QuickBooks makes use of the email ID of the company as a sender and the recipient is taken as the employee’s email address. You need to enter pay stubs to the employees if the company file doesn’t include any employees email address or the company’s mail address.
If you face problem in carrying out the below-mentioned steps and you seek guidance you can connect with team, will assist you to resolve all the issues over the live chat. Alternatively, you can call QuickBooks payroll help that is a reliable QuickBooks Consulting Agency that hires top QB professionals who are on heels to fix the error related to QuickBooks Payroll and peripherals.
How to Create a Pay Stub in QuickBooks?
- Download and launch QuickBooks in your system.
- Go to Edit menu.
- Choose Preferences to open the Preferences window.
- Select Payroll and Employees.
- Click the Company Preferences tab.
- In the QuickBooks Payroll Features section you are required to hit the Full Payroll check box.
- Choose the Voucher printing button and Pay Stub in the Set Preferences for section.
- Payroll Printing Preferences window opens.
- Choose the check boxes besides to items that are required to be included on the pay stub in the Paycheck Vouchers & Pay Stubs, Print section.
- Once you have selected all the items => you are required to click OK on the Preferences window.
- A pay stub with the selected information will robotically print with each paycheck.
QuickBooks Payroll permits you to print pay stubs and grants employees who are on paid salary through manual checks or direct deposits. Once the payroll is submitted you can now take the printout of pay stubs.
Steps to Fix Email Pay Stubs from QuickBooks Payroll Issues:
Verify QuickBooks Email Setting:
- You need to be sure that you are using the updated or latest version of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Click on the edit menu and then click on the preferences.
- Now, go to the left pane, click on the send form and then click on my preference tab.
- Now, go to the send email, click on this section, and then select.
- Use Outlook email platform to send email through Microsoft Outlook.
- Webmail For those who want to use the services such as Yahoo, Gmail, Rediff etc. for sending the emails.
For step-wise instructions, refer this Email Services Setup in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Select OK
- Always remain in single user mode while performing any such steps. (Click on File => Click on single user mode)
- Click on the QuickBooks file menu => Click on the print form and then select pay stubs
- Make sure that you are using the right bank account
- To update the paycheck date, Set the form and through dates and then click on update.
- Click on the employees (S) for which you want your email Pay stub.
- Select preview to see pay stub details and then send them.
- Note down the password of the pay stub of all the employees. Don’t forget to email the password to them.
Point to be noted: The password of the employee which is automatically generated contains the last four alphabet of the employee’s name and 4 numbers from employees Social Security number.
- Now select the OK button twice
- Enter the email address of all the employees and then select OK.
- Make sure that the information is correct and then select on the send now.
To see the list of email sent to employees:
- Click on the Employees center and then click on employee
- Now, click on the send email tab in the employee Information.
We hope that this article will clear all your doubts related to Pay Stubs in QuickBooks. However, if you still have any issues please do not hesitate to connect with the team of professionals.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number 1800-689-5491 or chat with experts.
What is a Payroll Check Stub?
It is a component of a paycheck containing details regarding an employee’s pay. It classifies the wages earned annually-to-date or pays period payroll. Moreover, it displays information related to taxes and other deductions out of an employee’s earning.
Can I Email Paystubs from QuickBooks Desktop to Employees?
Yes, you can save your time by sending pay stubs via email. QuickBooks Desktop allows you to forward pay stubs as a PDF document at the email address of the employee.
Can I Customize Paystubs in QuickBooks?
Yes, you can easily customize an employee pay stub for displaying company address, employee information, vacation, and sick information.
Which Information Can’t Be Permitted to Recover from A Pay Stub In QuickBooks As Per Legal Requirements?
Working hours or Salary, the pay amount for the period & rate pe hour.
Deductions from and additions to wages
Taxable company contributions
Year-to-date amounts for the preceding items
Employee Social Security number
Company name and address