You always look forward to starting your day of accounting with the most advanced technology named QuickBooks. However, there will be times when you will see some common issues or errors which will bother you to a great extent. After all, tech issues are petty and common but can be resolved as well with a small number of steps. It is easy to generate invoices on the QuickBooks platform but what will happen if you cannot find a way to email it or you see an error while doing so?
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
This is a common error that being a QuickBooks user, you will experience while sharing invoices or statements with your customers. In this error, when you try to send an invoice through QuickBooks to an email. The possibility is that with a service provider like Outlook, users may get an error message like “QuickBooks is unable to send your emails to Outlook”. Here are the reasons you may see this error:
- The incorrect setup of email preference.
- The installation of QuickBooks got damaged.
- A particular domain was blocked.
- Security settings on the email account from your service provider.
Steps to Fix QuickBooks Email Invoice Problems
Follow the below-mentioned steps to fix QuickBooks Email Invoice Problems.
First of All, You need to make sure that your QuickBooks software is in its latest version. With this approach, you will not miss out on any latest features being added to the platform.
Secondly, You need to check the preference settings in the webmail:
- Login to your Email account.
- At the top right menu bar, click on the Edit button.
- Click on the Preferences.
- Press click on the Send Forms on the left panel.
- Under the tab of My Preferences, you need to select the specific email account you’re going to use.
- You should click on the Edit option.
- The next step is to mark the SSL box, or just select the Default tab.
- In the field of Server Name, You also need to ensure that the server name matches your email provider’s settings. For example, If you are seeing smtp.mail.outlook.com then, change it to intuit.smtp.mail.yahoo.com and click on OK.
If you are still getting the same error of an incorrect password error message, then, please you need to follow the detailed steps in this article to resolve this:
QuickBooks is Not Accepting the WebMail Password
If you are getting this above-mentioned error then you may wish to try these troubleshooting steps to fix the error. It will allow you to send invoices from QuickBooks.
- First of all, Go to the menu bar at the top and click on the “Edit” button.
- Click on the “Preferences“.
- Then you will see the panel on the left side, you need to click on the “My Preferences” tab.
- Next is to click on “Edit” to change the preference settings.
- Then you need to choose the “Default“.
- Now, you need to ensure that your email provider server name matches the “Server Name” field in the application.
- Make sure you should be using the correct password for your email account. Otherwise, you will also get an error of incorrect password.
Now to check whether the error is fixed or not you need to do a test run.
- Go to the “File” menu and select
- Select the “Close Company“.
- Now you need to click on the “Open a Sample File” [It should be opened in the “No Company Open” window.]
- You need to choose the sample company file that you wish to open or share.
- Fix and set up your email service provider settings on QuickBooks desktop and try to share the email once again.
Methods to Fix the “QuickBooks Won’t Send Email Invoices” Problem
Sometimes, something will go wrong with QuickBooks and it won’t send you the emails that you need. The below solutions will explain how to fix a QuickBooks won’t send email error,
Solution 1: Verify that QuickBooks is not running as the Administrator
- Begin by right-clicking on the icon of QuickBooks and then you have to select Properties.
- Then you have to choose the tab Compatibility.
- Uncheck the box if Run this program as Administrator is already selected. (If Running this software as Administrator appears to be grey, First select Show Settings for All Users)
- Then you have to click on Okay
- Restarting QuickBooks will fix the problem where it won’t send emails.
Solution 2: To Fix Email Issues in QuickBooks, Make sure that Internet Explorer’s Email Preferences are Set Correctly
- Close QuickBooks first, then launch Internet Explorer.
- Then you have to select Tools and then click on Internet Options.
- Now select the Programs tab.
- To send emails through Outlook or Outlook Express, the appropriate email application should be selected as the default email program, therefore be sure this is the case.
- Close Internet Explorer at this time.
- Email the report after opening QuickBooks.
Solution 3: Test and Repair MAPI32.dll
An IT expert should carry out the technical steps for testing and repairing. You can reach out to us for assistance if you require IT support to fix this problem.
To Test the Functionality of MAPI32.dll use Microsoft Word
- First of all, Restart your computer and start Windows again.
- Access a Microsoft Word document.
- Choose File then click on Send then click on Email a PDF document.
- If no error is experienced, Seek help from technical support.
- Contact Microsoft Help and Support to fix problems with Outlook or Office Suite and the MAPI settings if an error occurs.
- Email the report as soon as the problem has been fixed.
- Click on Windows Start after closing all other Windows.
- Navigate to Computers and C: Windows System32
- Double-click the Fixmapi.exe file and follow all the on-screen directions.
- You can restart your computer once Fixmapi.exe has finished operating.
This should only be carried out if fixing MAPI32.dll does not resolve the issue.
- Firstly, You have to close all running programs.
- Then go to C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesSystemMSMAPI1033 using file explorer.
- MAPI32.dll should be renamed MAPI32.dll.OLD
- Start your computer again and re-run Fixmapi.exe
- Restart the computer if Fixmapi.exe stops.
Solution 4: To repair email issues in QuickBooks reinstall QuickBooks with Clean Install Tool
- Once all unfinished work has been saved, Close all open web pages and applications.
- In the Start box, You have to type Task Manager.
- End any QuickBooks-related processes as soon as the Task Manager window appears.
- Next, you have to rename every QuickBooks application and program file using the clean install tool.
- Then you have to restart your computer.
- Search for unnamed folders and then rename them
- Reboot the computer after uninstalling QuickBooks accounting software.
- Save a copy of your license and your product number.
- Download an installation source copy from the internet or insert the installation CD into the disc drive of your computer.
- Run the installation wizard, then follow the instructions that are visible on the screen.
- Launch QuickBooks, then reactivate your program.
- Update your QuickBooks desktop by selecting Help from the menu.
Solution 5: Repair Outlook
- In this case, The user should head to Windows in the System and then launch the Control Panel.
- After completing that, Select the Programs menu item.
- Afterward, Select Programs once more or Uninstall the software.
- After that, The user must perform a search and choose the Microsoft Outlook application from a list that displays on the screen.
- Once you have finished, Select the repair tab and then click the uninstall/change option in the uninstall wizard.
- Follow the instructions to fix the MS Outlook application.
- Then select the finish tab.
- Try sending an email from QuickBooks to Outlook when the procedure is finished to see if the problem is fixed.
By following the above information you must have fixed the issue with QuickBooks won’t send emails.
QuickBooks Won’t Send Email Invoices Issue
Reasons for Not Sending Email Invoices by QuickBooks
The causes are stated here that you need to be aware of; simply read them and discover what prevents you from sending invoices to your clients using QuickBooks.
- The Domain Owner was Forbidden.
- You have the Wrong Email Preference Configured.
- Configure the Account Security Settings for the Email provider.
- QuickBooks Installation is damaged.
- Incorrect Email Settings.
- The MAPI32.dll file has been Damaged.
- Wrong Installation of Microsoft Outlook.
- While sending an email in QuickBooks, the problem happens when Outlook launches in the background.
- The Administrator Logs into QuickBooks.
Symptoms of Not Sending Email Invoices by QuickBooks
When the QuickBooks won’t send email invoices issue arises in your software, look for the following indications and symptoms.
- Your Computer will Automatically Shut down.
- QuickBooks Won’t Start
- The Computer’s display will become Unresponsive and Freeze.
- The QuickBooks Software Freezes and Not Responding to Your Commands Which you enter.
Important things before going through with the Solutions
- Under QuickBooks Access, Verify the Firewall and Antivirus Software.
- According to the Version of QuickBooks, you are running, Check the System Requirements for Outlook Program Compatibility.
- Moreover, Locally Backup Company Data Files.
Verify that QuickBooks Email Preference is Properly Configured.
These issues can occur when QuickBooks email preferences are set incorrectly. Check the appropriate email preferences to prevent this issue.
- First, you have to navigate to the Edit tab and then select Preferences from the drop-down menu. Now hit the Send Forms option from the drop-down menu of preferences.
- Right-click on Send E-mail Using the button on the My Preferences page and then select the choice of your wish which you want to employ.
- Now click the OK button.
- If you believe the option is properly configured, take the following actions:
- Go to the Edit tab, select Preferences from it, and then Send Form and click it.
- Click the My Preferences tab and then hit QuickBooks E-mail and finally select the OK button.
- Navigate to the Edit tab and then click on the Preferences.
- After choosing Outlook, click the OK button.
- Close QuickBooks and any other running programs at this time.
- Restart Windows first and then QuickBooks.
- Send the report by emailing it.
Verify That The Email Address You Enter is Correct
Please confirm that you have provided the correct email address in the recipient box since this can sometimes cause QuickBooks to QuickBooks Won’t Send Emails Problems.
Check the Settings for Your Internet Connection
Sometimes, larger issues have more modest solutions. To prevent the issue where QuickBooks won’t send invoices, make sure your internet connection is set up correctly.
- Subsequent to clicking Help, Select Internet Connection Setup.
- Now, Choose the Next button, When this application connects to the Internet and establish a connection by using my computer’s Internet connection settings.
- Next, Select Advanced Connection Settings.
- Choose the option to restore advanced settings from the advanced menu.
- Try updating QuickBooks Desktop once more and then press OK at the end.
Verify That QuickBooks Isn’t Operating as an Administrator.
The steps to determine whether QuickBooks is not running as an administrator are as follows:
- QuickBooks can be opened by right-clicking it and selecting Properties from the list of menus.
- Now click the Compatibility tab.
- Deselect the option if, Run this application as an administrator is already selected.
- Choose Display settings for all the users if you see, Run this application as an administrator, which is grey.
- Click the OK button.
- Now Restart your QuickBooks and see if the error is resolved or not.
Confirm that Antivirus is Preventing QuickBooks From Sending Emails.
Steps for Changing the Settings of Antivirus
- While using QuickBooks or files associated with QuickBooks, you can turn off your antivirus program. But, you need to re-enable your antivirus program once you are done with your QuickBooks data. As a result, you must carry out this procedure each time you use QuickBooks.
- In order to receive more protection, you can also add QuickBooks and its files to your antivirus program settings. This makes it easier and more efficient to use your QuickBooks program. Since you no longer need to constantly enable or disable the software, this will also save you time.
Guidelines for Changing Your System’s Permissions
You must change the INI system file’s name in order to change the system’s permissions after it has been set up.
Here are the steps:
- Start by launching the QuickBooks Desktop application on your Windows computer.
- Press the F2 key on your keyboard next which is followed by the F3 key to bring up the Tech Help window.
- Choose the Open File tab.
- Choose the QBW.ini file by finding it in the list of files.
- Now choose to open from the menu to start the file.
- The file launches the Notepad.
- In Notepad, you must now insert a new line at the end of the document, as follows: [QBWEBMAIL]CUSTOM CERT E NABLE=1.
- Following that select File from the menu.
- Choose the Save option from the drop-down menu, and after saving and then shut Notepad.
- Now quit the QuickBooks Desktop program and restart it.
How do fix the QuickBooks won’t send email invoices error?
In the QuickBooks desktop program, there are a number of issues that prevent you from sending invoices to your clients. Here, all of the issues and potential fixes are listed. Simply choose the approach that best fits the issue with which you are dealing. The following are the issues and their solutions.
#1 Issue: Point of Sale Updates for QuickBooks 2022
To solve the problem, Check if your version of QuickBooks 2022 Point of Sale has been updated or not, if not then update it. Below are the steps to Update QuickBooks POS:
- First of all, you have to log in to your QuickBooks 2022 Point of Sale program.
- Check to see if you are logged in as the administrator or not.
- Choose the Help menu item in QuickBooks.
- Additionally, select the Software Update menu item.
- Now you have to select Updater preference.
- Navigate and click on the General tab.
- The automatic download updates button is located in this tab.
- Click Notify Me button from the list of options to receive further updates.
- Click the OK button to finish.
- Now, anytime a new update is needed or available, QuickBooks will automatically download and install it.
- Log in to the Point of Sale program for QuickBooks.
- As soon as you log in as the admin then select the Help menu item.
- From the drop-down menu, you have to select Software Update.
- To determine whether an update is available or not, choose the option to Check for the updates.
- The update now button is accessible to you if the update is available.
- Choose the Update Now button and then select the OK button.
- Your computer needs to be restarted after the update.
Check the webmail settings in the preferences box after you have finished updating QuickBooks 2022 Point of Sale.
The Steps listed Below can be used to Examine and Set Preferences:
- Start up QuickBooks 2022.
- Choose Edit from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Preferences menu item.
- The Left Menu is located in the Preferences window.
- Click on the Send Forms link in the left menu.
- Then, Select the My Preferences tab.
- Choose the email address for which you want to send an invoice or that you are currently using.
- To make changes you have to choose the edit option.
- Use the default option to have all the settings set as default or check the SSL box.
- Check the Server name section to make sure that the server name matches the email provider’s settings.
- You are all set once you have completed this and everything is configured in accordance with the guidelines.
#2 Issue: Your QuickBooks Desktop Doesn’t Have Email Access.
Use Outlook and webmail to connect your email to your QuickBooks Desktop. To ensure that your configuration is appropriate, you must choose which one you intend to employ. You can simply transmit your reports, invoices, and many other things in a straightforward manner by integrating email with QuickBooks. Let’s begin by linking your email to QuickBooks Desktop.
Outlook Configuration for QuickBooks
Step 1: To Learn more about the Following Details, Contact Your Internet or Email Provider.
- Username and Password
- Email server for outgoing messages
- Server type for incoming email
- Server address for incoming emails
Step 2: Exact Directions for Configuring Outlook
- Click the Edit menu in QuickBooks.
- Choose the Send Forms option under Preferences Interferences.
- Choose Outlook now.
- Click the OK button to finish.
#3 Issue: Unable to Connect to the Email Server
The error you encounter in this issue is:
We were unable to establish a connection with your email provider’s email server because we were unable to connect to it.
Because of the following, QuickBooks was unable to send your form: QuickBooks was unable to communicate with the remote server and was also unable to comprehend the server’s response. If the issue is fixed, kindly try again.
Solutions to the Email Server Connectivity Issue
Install the most recent version of QuickBooks Desktop software.
- To update your software on your Windows system, use Internet Explorer and then go to the QuickBooks page.
- Choose either QuickBooks desktop or QuickBooks point-of-sale from the list of available products.
- After selecting QuickBooks Software, click the Change option.
- When you click Update, the revised file will download.
- You now need to decide whether to set up automatic updates. You can set the QuickBooks update to happen automatically with the help of this option. So that it downloads and installs itself automatically when a new update is released.
#4 Issue: When QuickBooks Won’t Accept Your Webmail Password
If you are experiencing problems using your webmail account to connect to QuickBooks online, there might be a problem with your password. Change it and then attempt to log in again. If it doesn’t resolve the issue, please try the methods listed below.
Upgrade QuickBooks Desktop
- On your desktop, choose the choice by doing a right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon as an Administrator
- Choose the Help menu item in QuickBooks.
- The Update QuickBooks Desktop option can be chosen from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Options tab when a new window appears.
- To save all changes, tick the box which is labeled Mark all and then click the Save button.
- Click the Update tab now.
- Reset update checkbox which may be found in this tab.
- To download and install QuickBooks updates on your computer, you must now select the Obtain updates option.
- The updates are now complete.
- Now that QuickBooks is open, try sending the email to look for any mistakes.
#5 Issue: QuickBooks is Unable to Send Email Due to Antivirus
You need to modify the antivirus settings in addition to changing your system permissions to address this issue.
Both of the following things served as the solutions:
Changes in the Antivirus Settings
Here are two options from which you have to choose:
- While using QuickBooks or QuickBooks-related files, you can turn off your antivirus program. But, once you have finished working with your QuickBooks files, you must re-activate your antivirus program. As a result, you must perform this each time you use the QuickBooks program.
- Including QuickBooks and its files in the antivirus program’s settings is another option. This makes it easier and more convenient to use the files and QuickBooks program. Also, you save time by not constantly having to enable or disable the software.
#6 Issue: QuickBooks Desktop Won’t let You Sign in to Your Gmail Account.
You must resolve this issue by utilizing one of the alternatives listed below to reconnect your Gmail account. To simply send invoices through email from your QuickBooks account, just complete the steps in the solution step-by-step. Here are these solutions:
Employ 2-Step Verification with Your Google Account.
The steps should be followed if a tow step verification process is not being used. You can provide this answer and move on to option two if you are currently employing a two-step verification method.
- To begin with, enable Second step verification for your Google account.
- In QuickBooks, click the Edit menu and then click on the Preferences option.
- Choose Send Forms from the Preferences window.
- Also, Pick Webmail and then click the Add button to add details about the webmail.
- As soon as you have finished entering the necessary information, click the OK button in the Add Email Info area.
- To preserve all of the changes, click OK once more.
You can also give us the query details and we will ensure to find the best possible solution for you which suits your business the most. If you have any queries then connect via Get a Free Consultation.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How to Change the Email Settings in QuickBooks?
You can always choose to change your customer-facing email address
Then, Please select the Settings gear icon, And then choose Company Settings.
This Company tab will be selected by default. Then you need to click on the pencil icon to edit. It will be visible on the right of the Contact Info section.
You need to enter your company’s email address in the required company email field.
Click on the save button and then hit the Done button to save your changes.
How to Change the Administrator Email in QuickBooks Desktop?
There will be times when you wish to change the admin email in your QuickBooks Desktop or account. Here are the steps to follow to do the same:
First of all, Go to your Intuit account and log in using your account credentials.
Then you need to go to the top right corner and Select Sign-in & Security.
Choose the specific Email address to enter.
Update the email address in the required field and then select the Save button.
How Can a QuickBooks Desktop Report be Emailed?
Let us guide you through the process of doing it in your QuickBooks Desktop software. Please refer to the below-mentioned steps:
Firstly Login to your QuickBooks Account.
Go to the Customer menu tab.
Click on Create the Statements.
In the window of the Create Statement, you need to enter the custom Statement Period From.
Then choose the appropriate customer for the statement.
Click on the Preview to review.
Lastly, You need to click on the email to send the statement to your customer.
Can I Verify the Current Version of QuickBooks 2022 That Is In Use Before Fixing The QuickBooks Won’t Send Email Invoices Error?
Launch QuickBooks on a Windows Desktop.
Next, Hit the F2 button on your keyboard. You can alternatively use the Ctrl + 1 combination.
Your QuickBooks Desktop program launches the product information window.
You must look for the current release or the version you are currently using in this window.
What if I was Unable to determine Why the Error occurred? Email invoices from QuickBooks won’t send.
You must first look at the webmail preferences in this situation. Then, look through Internet Explorer’s options. If the email setup is incomplete, QuickBooks and the email account are not connected; establish the connection. Check for a QuickBooks update if the problem has been fixed, otherwise. Continue using the solutions after this.
How Can I Verify the Version of QuickBooks Point of Sale Before Upgrading It to Correct the QuickBooks Won’t Send Email Invoices Error?
To learn more about the Books Point of Sale version you are using to enjoy your computer, follow the instructions provided here in the following steps:
Start up your computer and launch QuickBooks Point of Sale.
Choose the help menu item after logging in to this program as an administrator.
Next, Click on the About QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale option.
The final step is to verify the software’s release number and the version you are currently using.