QuickBooks accounting software provides you the ease of importing and exporting data to save more time. You can easily import the Discount items from the supportable file formats into QuickBooks desktop through DancingNumbers software. Locate the website to get the direct link to download this useful software. In this article, you will understand in detail how to import the Discount items into QuickBooks Desktop. Don’t worry about the compatibility issue of the software; it supports all the latest QuickBooks editions.
Explore the information about the importing process of Discount Items in QuickBooks with this Productive Software:
Here are the steps to import the Discount items with the software:
- Firstly, you need to open the dashboard display and search in the file menu for the Import button and click on it
- Then discover the File Selection button of the screen
- After this choose QuickBooks Transaction Type option like Item Discount
- Now Browse the file through clicking on Browse file button
- Choose the file from the local system folder, or you can choose Sample templates if you want to view the default sample file in the local folder
- The next step is to set up the Mapping of the file columns matching to QuickBooks fields; this mapping process will take place automatically if you use dancingnumbers template file.
- Download the sample Template file
- Once done all the above steps, now preview the file data through the Review Grid screen
- After this, hit a click on Send to QuickBooks button for uploading the selected files into the company files of QuickBooks Desktop.
Go through the below table with detail description of Mapping fields before beginning the import setting.
Go ahead with Details of “Mapping Fields” through the Below-Given Table
|Str up to 31 Characters|
It is a mandatory field-displaying name of the discount item without parent.
Parent Full Name
It contains the item parent name
It displays the status of the item whether it is true or false
Class Ref Full Name
|Str up to 159 characters|
It displays the name of the class or category of an item appearing as in QuickBooks field
Sales Tax Code Full Name
It shows whether the item is taxable or non-taxable for US editions
|Str up to 4095|
It describes item utilized on the sale forms
Discount Rate Percentage
It shows the percentage of the discount per item
It specifies the price in the dollar for instance dollar rate, i.e., 6 for a discount of $6
Account Full Name
|Str up to 159 characters|
This field describes the Full Account name associated with an item that to be stored against the rate of Goods Sold
|Barcode Value||Str up to 50 characters|
Perform the Import Settings:
Groups of customization are available along with import settings for your company data. You can discover them while reviewing your file, you have to click on import screen or directly hit below the Edit menu located in the menu bar. Here are some highlighting settings useful for the transaction:
- Discover the Matching Transaction through an identifier used for locating the already existing transaction
- If any matching transaction is found, then take action like you can click on any of the buttons as per your preference. The button is available to display Update/Warning of the already existing transaction.
- Check the complete file before proceeding with the import process. You can enable the Pre-Import Validation function to let it clean the issue before importing the transactions. However, this might take your few minutes, but it smooth’s the import process.
That’s all about how to import the Discount items into QuickBooks Desktop. Hopefully, this information becomes a helping hand to make you more confident to begin the import process. Stay updated with DancingNumbers.com to get useful information on importing transactions into QuickBooks.