The right and great way to start work in QuickBooks is to add your supplier contact info. Vendors are the people or companies who owe the money to or the subcontractors who work for you. You can use vendor tab in order to track them.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Setting up of Vendors Accounts in QuickBooks Online
There are many ways to add vendor in QuickBooks online. The most of the users like to use the vendor center. So, follow the following steps in order to setting up a vendor account in QuickBooks with the help of vendor center.
- Open the QuickBooks account and go to the vendor visible in the left menu bar.
- From the vendor drop down list click on the vendor center.
- On the top right of the vendor center screen click on the new vendor.
- As you click for the new vendor the vendor information screen will be open.
- Enter all the correct and detail vendor information and fill all the fields etc.
- In the name field enter the first and last name of the vendor.
- In the company field enter the name of company.
- In the display name you can select that how your company name is will display on the screen.
- In email field enter the email address of the vendor.
- Enter the mobile or fax number in Phone, Mobile and fax field.
- Enter the website of the vendor in the website address field. It is a optional field.
- In the address field, enter the vendor’s of the address.
- In the note field, enter the notes or description in detail in this field. It will help you in tracking of the vendor.
- Enter the vendor payment term.
- Leave the opening balance field empty.
- In the account number field enter the account number of the vendor.
- Hit the save button in order to save the changes which you have made.
Setting up Vendors Accounts in QuickBooks for Mac
Follow the following steps in order to setting the vendor in QuickBooks for Mac:
- Open the QuickBooks on your screen.
- Now go to the vendor menu.
- From the vendor menu select the vendor center from the options.
- From the bottom left option click on the plus sign and select the new vendor from the option.
- Enter the vendor’s name, address and contact info etc. in the new screen under the address info option.
- Now from the bottom right of the screen click on the OK Button, in order to save the changes and exit from the screen.
Setting of Vendors Accounts in QuickBooks Pro
Follow the following steps in order to set the vendor details in QuickBooks Pro:
- First you have to create the vendor from the vendor center and choose the new vendor from it.
- The vendor information is divided in Five section, they are:
- Adding of the address Information.
- Set the Payment Settings.
- Set all the Tax Settings.
- Set the Account Setting
- Add all the Additional Information
- Now enter the name of the vendor.
- It is the optional step that you have to add the opening balance in it.
- Add all the detail address information of the vendor in it.
- Entre the name of the company.
- Entre the full name of the vendor.
- Now add the job title of the vendor.
- Record all the vendors’ details in detail. There are eight field in it, they are:
- Main Phone
- Home Phone
- Work Phone
- Alternative Mobile
- Alternative phone
- Main Email
- CC Email
- Alternative Email 1
- Alternative Email 2
- URL1 , URL2, URL3, URL4
- Skype ID
- Other 1, Other 2, Other 3
- Add the detail billing Address of the vendor.
- Add the detail shipping Address.
- Adjust the settings of the payment.
- Now add the account number of the vendor.
- Now select the default payment terms.
- Edit the setting of the print.
- Set the credit limit if desire.
- Set the rate level of the billing.
- Edit the setting of the tax.
- Enter the tax ID of the vendor.
- Edit the setting of the account.
- Attach the vendor expense to an account.
- Specify the type of vendor i.e consultant, Service provider, Suppliers, Supplies, Tax agency.
- Create the custom field for your vendor.
- Now save the vendor by clicking on the OK button and save the changes.
Importing Your Vendor List to QuickBooks Online
If you are importing your vendor list to QuickBooks online from excel in csv format. In order to import your file follow the following steps:
- Save your vendor list in excel sheet.
- Select the gear icon on the screen.
- Now select the tools and click on the import data from the drop-down list of tools.
- Select the vendor icon and download a sample file to view a sample excel file.
- Be ensure that the format of excel file is same as the sample.
- Select the browse tab in order to open the location of file.
- Click on the excel file in order to open the file from the location where you saved it.
- From the bottom right map the data fields in QuickBooks Online.
- Now hit the import button in order to import the vendor sheet in QuickBooks.
- Now click the Exit button in order to close it.
So, all the vendors will be in your QuickBooks, which are ready to use.
Adding Vendor in QuickBooks
Once you done with the company setup. Now you can add your new vendors over time. Vendor information can be done by adding through vendor center. There are seven steps in order to add a vendor through a vendor center. So, follow the following steps in order to add the vendor in QuickBooks.
- Open the QuickBooks and click on the vendor’s icon.
- Now in the vendor center, click on the new vendor option and select the new vendor.
- In the new vendor screen, type the name of vendor in the name field.
- Enter all the available information you have about the vendor like name, address, contact information of vendor etc.
- Hit the additional info tab and enter the additional information which you have about the vendor like account number, category of vendor, credit limit, tax Id etc.
- Now click on the Account Prefilled tab.
- Select the Chart of Accounts to prefill in order when the recording transaction from the vendor is known.
- Now save your new vendor in the list and click on the OK button in order exit from the screen.
Adding the Supplier One by One in QuickBooks
In order to add the supplier one by one in QuickBooks is:
- Click on the get paid and pay option from the screen.
- Now select the suppliers from the list of menu.
- Select the new supplier tab from the options.
- Complete all the fields which are given in the supplier’s information window.
- Hit the save button in order to save the changes.
Adding of Suppliers in Bulk from Excel
In order to add the various suppliers from the excel spreadsheet in QuickBooks you have to follow the following steps:
- Open the QuickBooks on the desktop.
- Select the get paid and pay option from the screen. Now select the suppliers from the screen.
- Hit the drop down menu from the screen in order to select the new supplier.
- Select to import suppliers from the screen.
- Click on browse in order to find the desire file from the computer.
- Pair the field of QuickBooks and excel file together and click the next button in order to switch to the next screen.
- Select the import button from the screen.
I hope the above mention information will help you to Setting up Your Vendors Accounts in QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise (Mac & Online). If you have found some issue then you can connect with the Dancing Numbers team via LIVE CHAT.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
How Can I Set up a Vendor Bank Account in QuickBooks Online?
Follow the following steps in order to set up a vendor bank account in QuickBooks:
Login to the QuickBooks Online Account.
Go to the bookkeeping and then select the transaction from it.
Select the expenses option.
Now select the pay bills online button.
Add the detail of vendor bank account.
Account type of vendors.
Routing of the numbers.
Re-enter the account number.
Now add the vendors email address.
How Can I Activate the Vendor in QuickBooks?
In order to activate the vendor in QuickBooks, you have to follow the following simple steps:
Select the expenses from the list.
Choose the vendor from the list.
Click on the gear icon on the screen.
Ensure to put the check mark on the include inactive.
The vendor list is automatically updated to include the entire inactive vendor.
Now make a active link in order to reactivate the vendor.
How do I Assign a Preferred Vendor in QuickBooks Online?
In order to complete the task you have to follow the steps:
In the left hand corner of QuickBooks there is a gear icon.
Click on the gear icon in order to choose the product and services from the list.
From the list of items find the existing item.
Under the action column click on t he edit tab.
Select the specific vendor from the preferred vendor drop down arrow.
Once you are done then click on the save and close option.
How Can I open the Vendor Account?
In order to create the vendor account you have to follow the following steps:
First you have to go to the navigate pane.
Then select the modules.
From the modules list click on the Procurement and sourcing option.
Select the vendor tab and from the vendors drop down menu click on the all vendors option.
Now click on New Tab in order to create the new account.
Now fill all the details about the vendor in the given field.
Type the value in vendor account field.
Enter or select the value for the vendor name field.
Enter or select the value for the group field in the account.
Now enter the number of employees in the given field. It is enter in the number.
Now type the value in the organization number field.
Add an address of the vendor.
Add the contact information of the vendor.
How Can I Edit Vendor List in QuickBooks?
In order to update vendor contact info in QuickBooks you have to follow the following steps:
From the left panel of screen click on the Expenses tab.
Select the vendors from the list of vendor.
Now click on the vendor name that you want to edit.
On the upper right corner of the screen click on the edit tab.
The vendor information automatically pops out on the screen so you have to edit the information which you need.
Now click on save button in order to save all the changes which you have done.
Hit the Ok button in order to close the window.
What are the Categories of the Vendor?
Following are the type of vendor/suppliers:
Service and maintenance providers perform services.
From the raw materials select the manufacturers of the good.
Wholesalers sell goods to the other business.
Retails sell the goods to the individual consumers.
How Can I Create a Customer and Vendor in QuickBooks?
Follow the following steps in order to create the customer and vendor in QuickBooks:
Use the same name of the vendors/employees/customers.
Now click on the customer from the sales menu.
Now select the new customer.
Enter the name of the customer name.
Now fill all the necessary information in detail of the customer.
Once you are done, select the save button.
Is Customer Can be a Vendor?
A customer who serves as a vendor must be included in the customer as well as the Vendor list. This is very important for the accurate report.
How Can I Create a Supplier in QuickBooks Online?
Follow the step by step instruction in order to create the supplier in QuickBooks online:
First you have to import the supplier’s spreadsheet in QuickBooks.
Now organize your spreadsheet.
Now browse and select the desire file.
Select your excel column.
Import list of suppliers in the QuickBooks.
Now add the new suppliers in the account.
Fill the suppliers form with the correct and detail information.
Locate your business in your area.
Now choose the auto complete widget.
Why It is Important to Set up the Vendor in QuickBooks?
Whenever you enter the bill the setting up of the vendor in QuickBooks Will save your time. In place of adding all the details of a bill, you can select the vendor from the drop down list will be auto populate.