QuickBooks Desktop and Outlook are two commonly used business accounting software programs in their related fields. Even though Outlook is a personal information manager that assists you in handling Sync Outlook Contacts, Emails, Calendars, or other crucial information the other part of QuickBooks assists you in handling your business finances concerning vendors, customers, and other crucial accounting-related tasks.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Coordinating contacts between Outlook and QuickBooks not only saves time but these platforms enhance productivity and assist in handling customer relationships. In today’s article, we will learn and talk about the advantages along with the steps to sync QuickBooks with Outlook contacts. So keep reading this article.
What are the Advantages of Syncing QuickBooks Desktop with Outlook Contacts?
Synchronizing QuickBooks Desktop 2024 with Outlook Contacts has several benefits. When you sync your contacts, you can:
- Keep your contacts updated and keep them in a far more organized way
- Arrange all your contacts in one place and save ample time for other responsibilities
- Get all the required information at your disposal and handle customer relationships with ease
How QuickBooks Desktop Contact Sync Tool can be downloaded?
It is mandatory that you download the QuickBooks Desktop Contact Sync tool on your computer in order to use it with the help of the steps given below:
- Do a Google search for Download QuickBooks Contact Sync Tool. Then do as per the instructions provided in the Intuit link.
- Press on the green button for Download and wait till the tool downloads
- Navigate to the Downloads page of your particular browser. Now click Ctrl + J on your Google Chrome
- Press on the button for Show in Folder to go to the downloaded file
- Shift the file to a place that can be accessed with ease
How QuickBooks Contact Sync Tool can be installed?
Once the set is downloaded and it is shifted to a particular location where it can be accessed with ease, it is important that you install the QuickBooks Contact sync tool.
Here are the detailed steps to install the QuickBooks Contact Sync Tool:
- First, you should shut down all the windows of Outlook and QuickBooks applications that are running.
- Go to the folder where the contact_sync_setup file is saved.
- Now press twice on the file to begin the installation procedure and then press the button for Yes to allow.
- Give consent to the License Agreement of the particular software. Now click the Next button.
- Choose the location where you wish to install the tool and then press the option for Next once more.
- Click the Install button and when it is finished, permit it to access the user and customer data.
- Press the button for Finish to finish the process.
How to Sync Outlook Contacts with QuickBooks Desktop?
To meet this objective, you will be required to run the particular QuickBooks Integration Manager tool in order to sync with QuickBooks and Outlook. It will enable QuickBooks to successfully sync with Outlook contacts and use the data.
Here are the steps to sync Outlook with QuickBooks.
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop application. Now enable the Single-user mode in it.
- Press on the Preferences menu. Now press on the option for Edit.
- Select the option Integrated Application. Now go to the tab for Company Preferences.
- Press on the option for Contact Sync. Now navigate to the option, Properties.
- Mark the particular option that says, Enable the application to use Customer Credit Card details, Social Security Numbers, and other personal information.
- Now mark the option that says, Allow the application to read and edit this company file.
- Next, click the OK button and then save the changes.
How to Import Contacts to Outlook from QuickBooks?
It is possible to import contacts to Outlook from QuickBooks with ease with the help of the QuickBooks Contact sync tool and implementing the steps given below:
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop application together with the Outlook application.
- Take a backup of your company file. Also, take a backup of your Outlook contacts.
- Navigate to the QuickBooks Contact Sync Setup Assistant in your particular QuickBooks application.
- Press on the button for Get Started. Now wait till the tool syncs the customer details along with Outlook contacts among other applications.
- Click the Finish button after the process completes.
How to Take a Backup of QuickBooks Desktop and Outlook Contacts?
Backup for QuickBooks Desktop Contacts
- First, you need to open QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now navigate to the File menu.
- Now select the tab, Utilities and then click on the option for Export.
- In the particular Export dialog box, you need to choose Lists to IIF Files.
- Post that, Choose the data you wish to export like Invoices, Customers, and Invoices.
- Now choose a location to save the backup file and then add a name to the file.
- Finally, Press on the tab for Save to begin the export process.
Backup for Outlook Contacts
You can implement the steps given below to take a backup of your Outlook contacts:
- First, you need to open Outlook. Now open the File menu.
- Now click on the tab for Open and Export. Now choose Import/Export.
- In the Wizard for Import and Export, you need to choose Export to a file option.
- Now select the option, Comma Separated Values as the particular file type.
- Now press Next.
- Now you need to press the option, Contacts folder, and then press on the tab Next.
- Then, you need to choose a location to save the backup file and then add a name to the file.
- Finally, Press on the tab for Finish to finish the export process.
In today’s article, we have talked in detail about the QuickBooks Contact sync tool. We have talked about the benefits of syncing Outlook with QuickBooks Desktop and also the different steps that can help you with syncing.
Still, those who are new to QuickBooks, are quite likely to get confused or get stuck somewhere while implementing the steps. Hence, it is highly recommended to get in touch with a professional who can resolve such issues with ease.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.