Once you Connect the Credit Card Accounts with your bank QuickBooks helps you to download the latest transaction slips automatically. If you have already entered the transactions in QuickBooks, it easily matches the latest transactions. However, if you cannot find a match, then QuickBooks develops a new transaction record, and you need to approve the match to the newly created transaction.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Online. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
One should also notice that QuickBooks automatically Matches Transactions with payments, saving you a lot of time.
Steps to Categorize and Match Online Bank Transactions in QuickBooks Online
There are a few steps to Categorize Online Bank Transactions and match online bank transactions in QuickBooks. Check out the steps to understand the procedure.
Step 1: You Need to Download the Latest Bank and Credit Card Transaction
When you use QuickBooks, You will find that it downloads the latest transactions every night at 10:00 PM PT.
Sometimes it can take a little while, but you can also manually update the accounts any time of the day to receive the latest available transactions. To get the transaction, you need to:
Go to the bookkeeping tab, then click on the transaction tab or choose the bank transactions and click on banking. Now choose the update option.
This process helps you to update all your bank credit card accounts.
Step 2: Review and Categorize Downloaded Transactions
In this step, you can review and categorize the transactions that you have downloaded now. You need to go to the ‘Bookkeeping‘ tab, then click on transactions, and choose ‘Bank Transactions‘, or you can go to the ‘Banking‘ tab.
Now choose the title for the account you want to review and click on the ‘For Review‘ tab to start the review process.
Once you have contacted the process, QuickBooks send these downloaded transactions to the ‘For Review‘ tab, and you can review every transaction one by one.
To accelerate the review process, You can develop a bank rule that can automatically categorize the transactions for you.
Step 3: Review Matched or Added Transactions
Once you have completed matching the transactions and are adding Downloaded Transactions, everything is recorded in QuickBooks.
Whenever you want, you can review your work and ensure that everything is accurate in the categorized and reviewed tab.
It is best to check after completing the review process; for that, You need to go to the booking tab then, click on transactions, and select bank transactions, or you can click on the banking tab.
Now you can choose the title of the account that you want to review.
Next, You can go to the categorized or reviewed tab and choose the link in the added are matched column to review the transaction.
How to Match with an Existing Transactions?
Since you have already learned to match transactions, you must also learn how QuickBooks match an existing transaction. Checkout the below steps to ensure that the matches are accurate:
- Go to the Action column and choose a downloaded transaction with the match option.
- Take note of the date command description, payee, and amount spent or received.
- You need to select the downloaded transaction to increase the view.
- You need to review the matching records in QuickBooks.
- Now select the link next to every match and get more information.
- You need to make sure that it is the right match. In certain situations, you need to review that deposit payment method and bank account field on forms for the pre-existing transaction in QuickBooks.
- Check if the matches are accurate, then close the open transaction.
- Now click on the match button to end the process.
How to Add a New Transaction?
If QuickBooks hasn’t found a matching transaction 10, it will create a new transaction for you. Now you need to confirm that there is no match and allow QuickBooks to add in a new transaction. The below steps show how to add a new transaction in QuickBooks.
- Go to the action tab, Choose any downloaded transaction, and click on the add option.
- Next, You need to select the transaction to increase the view.
- You need to review the recommended category, as QuickBooks wants to categorize every transaction into an account.
- Now charge the vendor or the customer if you 12. If you have added this transaction to QuickBooks, then you can select the find match option and review the list of matches. Now, if you find any suitable match, then choose one.
- Now select the add option.
How to View and Review Multiple Matches?
QuickBooks sometimes find more than one potential match; in that case, you need to select the accurate one. The following steps can give you an insight into how to choose the right one when there are multiple matches.
- Go to the action tab, select the downloaded transaction and click on the view option.
- You need to review the matching records in QuickBooks. You will find the possible matching transactions.
- You must click the link next to all the matches to get more information.
- You have to ensure that there is one accurate match among all these matches. In this kind of a situation, You need to review the payment method Deposit and Bank Account fields on forms of the pre-existing transactions in QuickBooks.
- Now compare the potential matches and find the right one. Now close all the other open transactions.
- Once you choose the accurate match, You need to click on the match option.
How do You Set up Bank Rules to Categorize Online Banking Transactions in QuickBooks Online?
If you have downloaded the transactions from your bank, you have to categorize them so they can be placed into the right accounts. To speed up the process, you need to set up bank rules. You can develop bank rules that can automatically categorize all the transactions for you. Read the following steps to Set up Bank Rules.
Step 1: Create a Bank Rule
- You need to click on the ‘Bookkeeping or Banking Tab‘ and choose ‘Rules‘.
- Now click on ‘New Rule‘.
- Add a name in the field ‘What do You want to Call this Rule?‘
- There is a drop-down arrow in the ‘Apply this to Transactions that are‘ option, and choose the ‘Money in‘ or ‘Money out‘ option.
- Now select ‘Bank or Credit Card Account‘ from the ‘in‘ drop-down arrow.
- Now, You can set the rule conditions. You have the opportunity to set a single rule that has 5 conditions. Now click on ‘Set and Include‘ the following and choose ‘+ Add a Condition‘.
- Now, You need to move to the conditions field and mention whether the rule is applicable to Description, Bank Text, or Amount. Now click on contains, doesn’t contain, or is exactly and decide How QuickBooks is going to Apply these Rules.
- Choose the setting for the rule and choose a Category, Transaction type, Payee, and tags to apply.
- Choose the save option.
Step 2: Review Recognized Transactions
You can view the downloaded transactions doctor recognized by a bank; to review the recognized transactions, you need to follow the below points;
Go to the ‘For Review‘ tab and choose recognized options from the ‘All Transactions‘ drop-down arrow. Here you can find all the transactions recognized by any bank room. Moreover, You can see a rule option added to the transaction. If everything is accurate, Click on add to move the transactions directly to the accounts in QuickBooks. You can also choose and review it before moving to the QuickBooks account.
Step 3: Set up the Auto-add Feature
If you know how to create targeted rules for specific transactions, then it can automatically accept them into your books from the bank transactions tab. Use the auto-add feature you need to follow the below points.
- Follow the steps for creating a ‘New Bank Rule‘.
- Choose ‘Automatically Confirm Transactions‘ this rule applies to in the rules window.
- Choose the ‘Save‘ option.
The article sheds light on the best version of QuickBooks intended for businesses looking for solutions related to categorizing and matching bank transactions. In addition, You get to know about different steps that you can use for manually and automatically matching and categorizing bank transactions.
However, If you cannot understand the versions, It is wise to take the help of a professional. They will explain the various features involved in the versions and how you can use them according to your need.
If you have further queries about the best QuickBooks Version fit for businesses looking to categorize and match bank transactions, then you can connect with Dancing Numbers team via LIVE CHAT.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions (Faqs)
How to View Images for Checks Transactions?
QuickBooks has collaborated with several banks to automatically add the front and back check images for any check transactions that are waiting for review. This process can make it is for people to review and match transactions.
If you have a QuickBooks account that is connected to the bank, then the check images will automatically show.
If you want to view the check images, then you need to follow the below steps;
Step 1: Go to the power review tab and choose a downloaded transaction that displays a number in the attachment column.
Step 2: Now, When you are in the transaction details section, you need to choose the check image attachments to view the image.
Step 3: When the image panel appears, You can see the front and the back of the check, And you can view it on the full screen too.
Step 4: You can review the transaction normally. If you want to match or at the transaction, Then you can find the images in the attachments list under the settings tab.
How to Match, Add or View Multiple Matches in QuickBooks?
If you want to match, add or view multiple matches in QuickBooks, you need to follow the below steps;
Step 1: Match with an Existing Transaction.
Step 2: Confirm Paired Bank Transfers.
Step 3: Add a New Transaction.
Step 4: View and Review Multiple Matches.
How to Manually Upload Transactions into QuickBooks Online?
If you are thinking about including older transactions in QuickBooks online or if your bank or credit card fails to connect with QuickBooks, you can upload photos transactions manually, but for that, you need to check out the following the below steps:
Step 1: Pick a Start Date.
Step 2: Get Transactions from Your Bank.
Step 3: You need to Review the Format and Size of the File.
Step 4: Manually Upload the Transactions.
Step 5: Categorizes the Transactions.