QuickBooks error code 6010, -100 is a well-known error that users mostly experience because of denied access to the network. In case your firewall or anti-virus restricts or blocks QuickBooks from linking to the network, this particular technical glitch can come up on the screen of your system.
Such an issue can also be triggered when re-installing the QuickBooks Desktop software. In today’s article, we will talk about the reasons, symptoms, and solutions to troubleshooting this common QuickBooks error.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
When this error occurs, the following notifications appear on the desktop of your system, saying:
Error Code 6010, -100: An error occurred. Your QuickBooks installation may have been modified. Reinstall QuickBooks and then try again.
In case you have seen the warning message as stated above, we suggest that you keep reading this article. You must implement the troubleshooting methods and solutions mentioned ahead in this article. Implement one solution and check if it works or not. If the issue is not fixed then move on to the next solution.
What is Meant by QuickBooks Error 6010, -100?
QuickBooks error code 6010, -100 states that QuickBooks is not allowed to use or access the network because of a certain antivirus or firewall setting. To know more about this error, like its list of reasons that trigger the error and the solutions that can fix this error, keep reading this article.
What leads to QuickBooks Error Code 6010, -100?
There can be many reasons that can give rise to this error. Below mentioned are some of the known reasons that trigger the QuickBooks Error Code 6010, -100. Comprehending all the causes of the technical error will enable you to locate the actual reason behind the occurrence of the error in your system. There can be a scenario where more than one reason can contribute to the occurrence of the error. In such a scenario, you do not need to take tension, since the subsequent parts in this article include effective measures to solve this error code that has impaired your system
The list of the reasons that trigger the error include:
- The antivirus program or the firewall may not be permitting QuickBooks to use the network.
- The registry files concerning QuickBooks are deleted by registry-optimizing applications in the particular system. The same can be damaged due to some other causes.
- When some 3rd party app downloaded on your Windows deletes the crucial registry files, it immediately results in the occurrence of the error code 6010.
- In case the .ND files get detached from the particular files that end with TLG and .QBW, then it is quite possible that the error 6010 may get triggered. The Network files and the.ND files are believed to be vital for the smooth functioning of QuickBooks. Any technical complexity in this particular file can incite the error code 6010.
- The framework of the system may need some cleaning. Often huge amass of junk in your system can also trigger the error code 6010.
- The user cannot use QuickBooks due to some blockage caused by the anti-virus programs such as ESET NOD32.
- QuickBooks accounting software installation may be damaged or corrupted due to faulty or defective QuickBooks software installation.
Now that you are aware of the list of the reasons that can trigger the error code 6010, you now need to learn about the various sign and symptoms connected with this error.
What are the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 6010?
The signs and symptoms provide a distinct indication of the QuickBooks error code 6010. Here is the list of the indications that will assist you to identify the error:
- In case you fail to use the company file, it can be a direct indication of the QuickBooks error.
- One of the key reasons can be a notification showing on the window of the system itself.
- In case the company file working in the host system, it can also be a sign of the presence of such an error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6010, -100?
To fix QuickBooks error code 6010,-100 you need to implement the solutions provided below. In case any solution is not working for you, you may skip it and implement the next troubleshooting steps. Not to mention, you need to apply the steps properly and ensure none of the steps are skipped.
Troubleshooting 1: Fix the Company File
The recommended method to be implemented first is to fix the company file. Many times, in case the company file is damaged or corrupted, you may experience the issue. It is possible to fix the company file with the help of the steps provided below:
- First, you must open the particular folder that saves the company file.
- Now, search for the file that has the .QBW extension.
- Now, you must press right-click and choose the option for Copy.
- Now, in this step, you need to press on the option for Paste and then click on the Ctrl key to open the particular QuickBooks application.
- Now, you will see the option, No Company Open.
- In the next step, you need to press the option for Open or Restore an existing company.
- Lastly, you need to launch the company file and see if the issue still persists or not.
Troubleshooting 2: Delete the Processes and Allocate QuickBooks to a Single-User Approach
One of the best ways to solve this error is to close the processes and then allocate QuickBooks Desktop to a single-user approach. The step-by-step procedure involved in this method comprises of:
- First, begin with logging into the system with the credentials of Admin.
- Now, click the keys Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Now launch the Task Manager.
- Select the Users option.
- Now highlight all the related processes of QuickBooks such as EXE, QBDBM.exe, and, qbupdate.exe.
- Once every process has been selected, click the option for End Task in the multi-user mode.
- To see if the particular QuickBooks error code 6010 has been fixed or not, you must launch the company file. In case the error still persists, jump to the next troubleshooting steps.
Troubleshooting 3: Take the help of QuickBooks Database Server Manager
There can be a scenario when the solution steps stated above may not be able to fix the error 6010. In such a situation, you need to access the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. Such a utility will be able to resolve the error.
Here are the steps to embrace the aid of QuickBooks Database Server Manager:
- Firstly, you need to download the QuickBooks tool hub. Now you need to save it on your system in a safe folder.
- Now, you must locate the downloaded file that is named QuickBooksToolsHub.exe. Next, you need to double-click it to begin the setup process.
- Now press on the option, Allow this app to do some alterations on your system.
- Now press on the option for Next and save the tool on your computer system.
- Now from the last step, do not click anywhere between the options, Accept the license agreement and press on Install. It will take only a few seconds to save on your system. After the process concludes, you need to click the Finish button to end the installation.
- After the QuickBooks Tool Hub is set up on your system successfully, click on the Desktop Icon and launch it.
- Next, on the Tools hub, navigate to the Network Issues tab. Now click on the option for QuickBooks database server manager and you will receive access to the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Now scan the particular Company file location. Now press on the tab for Scan Folders.
- No go and select the Files and Folder that saves your company file (.QBW)
- Click OK and then press on the option for Start Scan.
- After all the steps are implemented properly, it is now possible to log into your particular company files.
Troubleshooting 4: Allocate New Name to the .ND extension
You should allocate a new name to the .ND extension that can a big move to solve this issue. Here are the steps to allocate a name to the .ND extension:
- Navigate and then open the Company file. Make sure it has the .ND extension.
- Now ensure to use the company file where the particular error code is present.
- Hit right-click on the particular file after you have located it.
- In the drop-down menu that appears once you right-click, choose the Rename option.
- When you are renaming, make sure to include ‘Old’ as an extension.
- Finally, open the QuickBooks Desktop and see if the particular QuickBooks error code has been resolved or not.
Troubleshooting 5: Multi-User Access Hosting Must be Stopped
- Firstly, you need to open your QuickBooks software. Now choose the File.
- Next, you have to move to Utilities and then select the option Stop hosting multi-user access.
- Next, you must restart QuickBooks.
- After the last step is completed, press on the Programs settings. Now the Internet Monitor feature must be turned off.
- If the ESET NOD32 anti-virus application is present in your system, it is important that you added a new name to the file by including ‘.Old’ in the extension.
- After it is done, next you need to restart the QuickBooks program. It is expected that the error will be resolved. In case, the error still persists, move on to the next solution.
Troubleshooting 6: Install QuickBooks Software Again
Reinstalling the QuickBooks software can be a great way to check if the error is fixed or not. This process is termed as clean installation of the QuickBooks software, and can be conducted with the help of the steps stated below:
- Firstly, you need to click the Start button and then navigate to the Control Panel.
- When the Control Panel appears, press on the option, Uninstall a Program.
- Now you need to click the option, Uninstall the QuickBooks application. For this purpose, select QuickBooks from the provided programs list. Now click Uninstall.
- Now access QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
- Now you have to choose the QuickBooks version that you wish to install on your system and then click the Continue button.
- Finally, press the OK button. Now install the QuickBooks application with the help of the License and Product keys present during the purchase of the particular software.
Troubleshooting 7: Take a Backup of the QuickBooks Company File
This is considered the last option that you can follow to delete the QuickBooks error code 6010 from your computer. Here are the guidelines given below to take a backup of your company files:
- To start with, click the Ctrl key. Now keep pressing it till the No Company Window appears on your Desktop.
- Next, press on the option Open or Restore an existing company.
- Now, click on the option to Restore a backup copy.
- Finally, you need to click the Next tab.
- After your company file is withdrawn, use it and then check if the issues still persist or not.
We hope that this article has been helpful to you in understanding what the QuickBooks error code 6010 is, and what are the causes, symptoms, and solutions to fix this issue. We have highlighted several solutions to fix this issue. You need to implement one after another in case the issue does not get resolved.
Still, if you require professional guidance and think you need an expert to guide you all the way then we are here for you.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.