Error 80029c4a is the most reported QuickBooks error, the error is mostly seen when you are trying to access information that can’t be easily accessed from your accounting software.
Today, in this article we are going to to tell you everything about QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a (Error Loading Type Library/DL)
What is QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
The error usually occurs when your files are damaged and doesn’t allow you to open the QuickBooks desktop. QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a (Error Loading Type Library/DL) is also called Run-time error.
Error Message: When you are trying to run QuickBooks company file. There is an error message “80029c4a. Description: Error loading type library/DLL“
What are Some of the Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
- Windows takes a long time to respond to computer mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer system frequently fails with Error 80029C4A.
- Windows operates slowly or sluggishly.
- Throughout the programme installation, Error Code 80029c4a may appear.
- For a few seconds at a time, the system “freezes.”
- It causes the active programme window to crash.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
- Error Code 80029c4a occurs during the startup or shutdown of Windows, or possibly during the installation of the Windows operating system.
- The QuickBooks desktop file(s) have been corrupted, are missing, or have been damaged.
- This error code usually appears when a company file is corrupted or cannot be found when users try to open their software.
- QuickBooks component fails to start, or DLL files are missing or corrupted.
- Your antivirus software incorrectly identified a QuickBooks Desktop file as infected with multiple Trojans or malicious code.
- The Windows registry is corrupt.
- Inadequate QuickBooks Pro software installation.
Solution Steps to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Follow below mention steps to fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a (Error Loading Type Library/DL):
Method 1: Run a QuickBooks Windows Repair
- The user must first close their QuickBooks desktop before proceeding with this process.
- Next, on your keyboard, press the Windows button.
- Then, on your system, open the Control Panel.
- And then select Uninstall or change the programme.
- From the list of programmes, select QuickBooks.
- The following step is to select the Uninstall/Change programme.
- Click Next in the QuickBooks installation window.
- The user must then select the Repair Radio button and click on it.
- Then, at the bottom, press the Repair button. When the repair is finished, click Finish.
- We hope that after completing the steps outlined above, your QuickBooks software has been repaired.
- Then, if necessary, restart your computer.
- Finally, open QuickBooks software to ensure it opens normally.
Method 2: Check to see if the Antivirus Programme has been Quarantined
- Some antivirus programmes inadvertently prevent QuickBooks from loading essential files.
- You should check your antivirus software for quarantined files.
- Simply uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks software on your computer. This allows the user to successfully launch your QuickBooks software.
Allow permission to go through your firewall if you see one of the programmes listed here in your quarantine.
- The majority of these files are stored in C:Program Files Intuit QuickBooks (year).
- Intuit QuickBooks 20XX files with (x86) in the path, such as C:Program Files (x86)Intuit QuickBooks 20XX, are 64-bit versions.
Method 3: Install the Latest QuickBooks Desktop Software
- To begin, the user is advised to reinstall QuickBooks using the clean install method.
- Then, update QuickBooks desktop to the latest version.
- Close Company or Logoff can be found under the File menu.
- Then, select File, and finally, Exit.
- Make sure you’re logged in as System Administrator on your computer.
- Keep in mind that No company is currently open on your desktop screen.
Note: If you have multiple company files open in QuickBooks at the same time, you must repeat this process for each one.
Method 4: Execute the Windows System File Checker
- The first step in this process is to open the Start menu and then type command into the search box.
- The user must then press the Ctrl + Shift keys, followed by the Enter key.
- Once that is completed, a permission dialogue box will appear, prompting the user to click Yes.
- The next step is to type SFC/Scan now and then press Enter.
Method 5: Update the Avast Software and Virus Definitions
- First and foremost, run an Avast Virus definition and ensure that all of your programmes are up to date.
- To begin, right-click on the Avast icon.
- Click the Update button.
- To upgrade your Avast programme, click on a Program tab and then follow the prompts.
- Repeat the preceding steps 1-3 times, and then select the Engine & Virus option.
Note: If you are using another antivirus programme, you must first update your antivirus.
Method 6: Execute the Reboot.bat Script
- First, shut down your QuickBooks desktop.
- Now navigate to the folder where you want to reboot.bat file
- Perform a right-click on the QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Next, click on Properties.
- Select Open File Location with a single click.
- Select Run as System Administrator from the context menu when you right-click the reboot.bat file.
- Make certain that reboot.bat is run as the Windows Administrator.
- This is determined by the window folder options settings file, which appears as bat, reboot, or reboot.bat.
- Don’t close the window that appeared on its own. When you reboot, this will be closed. The reboot.bat utility has been completed.
- Finally, restart your computer.
We hope now you have enough information about the error and hopefully the above mentioned steps will help you to fix QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a.
What Exactly is QuickBooks Error 80029c4a?
Error Code 8002904a is a complex error that appears on the screen with the message “loading type library/DLL can’t load a dynamic link library” (DLL). This error is reported by Q8 users when launching the QuickBooks application. Not only that, but this error can appear when a QuickBooks component fails to start/work properly, or when Dynamic Link Library (DLL) files are missing or corrupted as a result of system abnormalities.
At times, antivirus security settings may be the source of the error code 80029c4a, in which case we recommend that the user double-check their antivirus and firewall security settings.
What are the reasons prompting the Error QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
Some common reasons prompting the error are:
Some QuickBooks desktop system files may have become corrupted or are no longer accessible.
Your QuickBooks application download could be corrupted, or it could have been installed incorrectly.
A corrupted Windows registry entry from a recent QuickBooks-related software change could be the source of the problem (install or uninstall)
Malware or virus infection may have corrupted Windows system files or QuickBooks-related programme files.
Another programme could have deleted QuickBooks-related files maliciously or inadvertently.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a?
Some causes of QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Incorrect QuickBooks desktop installation.
Any type of corruption in the Windows registry can also be the cause of this type of error.
Additionally, some corrupted or damaged QuickBooks desktop system files may result in this type of error.
If another programme accidentally deleted QuickBooks-related programme files, be prepared to encounter this error.
Perhaps your antivirus mistakenly identified QuickBooks files as infected with the virus.