Magento is one of the open-source e-commerce apps used by millions of customers every day. At the same time, QuickBooks Online is the web version of the popular accounting software. It is the cloud version of QuickBooks Desktop. This tool will enable you to keep track of all business transactions, cash flows, inventories, etc., 24/7. It offers accounting, billing, and payments a breeze and helps to check off accounting tasks on the go, and helps organize your business’s finances.
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Magento QuickBooks Online Integration lets you automatically synchronize information between them, including customers, sales, products, and invoices data. Hence, you can better manage accounting data more efficiently.
When the customer places an order, the system will examine whether this information has already been stored in a database; if yes, the system will update the information; otherwise, this new customer will be added to the customer list.
Multiple payment ways that are supported for your Magento are under the control of QuickBooks Online quite well. This means when installing QuickBooks Online extension; every existing way is auto-transmitted from Magento to QuickBooks Online.
If there is any new one, it will be added immediately into the management system of QuickBooks Online.
One of this extension’s most exceptional characteristics is that all the data is synchronized quickly; no time and manual approach are needed.
This integration serves customers to get better financial management by automatically updating all the data from Magento to QuickBooks in real time. The amount of time you employ tracking down transaction data, fixing errors, and manually entering data is now fixed by QuickBooks Online Integration.
Features of Magento QuickBooks Integration
Magento and QuickBooks Integration present you with excellent features for handling your Magento store.
Several industry-leading features comprise:
Payment Method Mapping
Magento and QuickBooks integration is associated with payment methods. It lets you efficiently map ones used in Magento to QuickBooks Invoices. Thus, it is possible to maintain track of different payment methods popular between your customers in your Magento.
Tax Rates Mapping
It allows you to map the tax rates of Magento orders to QuickBooks. Hence, you ensure that the tax calculation in Magento and QuickBooks are accurate. Moreover, it is also possible to synchronize QuickBooks-compliant tax codes from Magento to your accounting system.
It allows you to transfer information When a customer pays for an order successfully to QuickBooks to create a new invoice. Moreover, the plugin grants the ability to move changes applied in Magento to QuickBooks. You can smoothly synchronize payment methods and tax codes from Magento to QuickBooks.
You can easily sync your customers between QuickBooks and your e-commerce website; when a customer is created in Magento, the module exports data to your QuickBooks account. If the customer information is altered, the update is also presented to the accounting platform.
Orders can be efficiently transferred from Magento to QuickBooks automatically. When a customer buys products and services in Magento, a new Unpaid Invoice is created in QuickBooks. The changes applied to orders are shifted to the accounting system as well as a part of the Magento QuickBooks integration.
It also allows you to transfer products between Magento and QuickBooks. It is possible to export data from your Magento store according to a schedule or when a new product is produced. Besides, you can automatically send product updates when you change the Magento admin’s relevant information with the Magento QuickBooks integration.
It allows you to track income from your e-commerce website in QuickBooks efficiently. It automatically updates incomes to your profit and loss statement according to a schedule or when a particular event happens.
You can decide what entities to synchronize: products, orders, invoices, customers, credit memos, etc.
How Magento Works with QuickBooks
QuickBooks integration is an excellent tool to manage your Magento customers, invoices, products, and credit memos. So, QuickBooks makes it more effortless for you to handle everything in one go.
It bridges the gap between Magento and QuickBooks to guarantee complete and accurate accounting when using QuickBooks Online and Magento platform. The data entered in Magento seamlessly flows within QuickBooks Online, capturing crucial business data for your accounting department.
It has managed to maintain a good reputation by syncing your account with QuickBooks. This guarantees the maintenance of records on one-page and avoids all the manual errors since everything is updated automatically.
Therefore, it maximizes your sales. So, you can maintain your sales with accurate records and give customers the best services by integrating your Magento sales account with QuickBooks.
How to Integrate Magento into QuickBooks Online
With the help of this blog, learn how to integrate Magento into QuickBooks Online. With QuickBooks Connector (OneSaas), you can quickly and easily configure your complete integration between Magento and QuickBooks Online. With this blog, know a step-by-step walkthrough; here are some useful key points throughout the process.
Connect Magento and QuickBooks Online
Start from here by connecting your apps to QuickBooks Connector. In case, you haven’t already connected your apps, then you can follow the guide to connecting Magento and QuickBooks Online. Follow the step-by-step to connect Magento with your QuickBooks Connector (OneSaas) file after registering your account.
Installing our plugin
- Download the Magento 2.0 plugin for QuickBooks Connector.
- QuickBooks Connector is linked to your Magento 2.0 website using our Magento plugin. Remember the location where you saved this plugin.
- Extract the zip file’s contents.
- All of the extracted files should be copied or moved to the Magento installation directory.
- To install the plug-in, run the following command: Magento setup/php bin: Upgrade
- Go to your Magento’s admin area by logging in.
- From the System menu, select the QuickBooks Connector > Integration link. As a result, this will provide you with the QuickBooks Connector API key. Then copy this key. Later on, in the integration process, you will need it.
Connect with QuickBooks Online
- Begin with opening your QuickBooks Online account and log in.
- Install the Magento Connector app by going to Apps and searching for it.
- Then you have to select Connect
- The QuickBooks Connector’s Connections tab will then be displayed for you. Simply choose Connect to Magento.
- You will be asked to enter the Magento API key that was given to you after installing the plugin on a new page that will appear on your screen. After finishing, click Connect to Magento.
- Your QuickBooks Connector file is now linked to and authenticated with your Magento account.
Once you’ve linked Magento, you can either continue and configure your integration or add another connection by choosing Add Connection.
Configure Magento and QuickBooks Online
The configuration process for a standard integration between Magento and QuickBooks Online is given below. As you go through the setup process, you will need to configure this if you are also connecting a third app.
- Three workflows, which are all optional, will be presented to you. These three workflows will be used in this walkthrough to show off all of the setup’s features.
- Sales will be imported into QuickBooks Online from Magento.
- Products will be imported into QuickBooks Online from Magento.
- If you have QuickBooks Online’s inventory feature enabled, QuickBooks Connector may read this data and update Magento.
- Choose the first workflow to sync Magento orders with QuickBooks Online to begin the configuration process. When you initially choose to create orders in QuickBooks Online, you will be asked to:
- Choose the Magento order statuses the app will use to retrieve sales data for QuickBooks Online syncing. You could wish to sync sales in the Pending or other statuses as well, depending on the nature of your business.
- Select the appearance of Magento orders in your accounting software. Choose whether you want your Magento orders to be sent as sales invoices or sales receipts to be sent to QuickBooks Online in the case of Magento. Choose the appropriate option for your business.
- Choose Advanced Options and Default Product: You have more control over these options about how sales show in your accounting system. If you’re unsure, you can leave this section blank for now and come back later to re-configure them.
- Use Shipping Item: It’s possible that you overcharge your customers for shipping. If this happens, the integration might let you choose a specific Item to which you might assign these shipping charges. This will make it simple for you to track any revenue generated from shipping expenses.
- Order Number Prefix: All of your orders that are retrieved from this Magento account have the prefix that you enter here. For example, if you include the prefix “Mag-” in the settings and you have order number “1234” in Magento, your order will be fetched into QuickBooks Connector with the order number “Mag-1234” and delivered to QuickBooks Online as appropriate. In order to make it simpler to identify the source of each invoice in QuickBooks Online, this prefix can be configured separately for each connection type to Magento.
- Customer’s Organization/ Original Customer/ Generic Online Sale Customer: When creating a sales invoice, most accounting systems need a customer record to be specified. You can select the type of customer record that is being produced using this particular option. The Customer’s Organization option can be chosen if your Magento customers specify a company name and you would rather have that appear within your Accounting system rather than the default option, Original Customer.
- Discount Product: As same as the shipping item that is mentioned above, you can specify a dedicated discount Item so that you can track your discounts on sales. Alternatively, You can Choose the Generic Online Sale Customer option if you don’t want any customer records to be created at all in your accounting system. This indicates that a generic Magento customer record will be used to sync all sales to your accounting system.
- Assign Sales to Location: You can select a default class or location for your QuickBooks Online system using these two options. Only if you have set up classes or locations in your QuickBooks company file can you use this feature, which is unique to QuickBooks Online.
- The page for tax configuration will be displayed to you. Here, you must select the appropriate sales tax in your accounting system for each tax created or configured in Magento.
- You must set up each Magento item with a distinct SKU in order for sales to effectively integrate with your accounting system.
- Name: Match the product’s NAME field in QuickBooks Online to the product’s SKU field from Magento.
- SKU: Match the SKU fields for the products in QuickBooks Online with Magento.
- You can enable the following option if you haven’t yet created any items in your accounting system or if you want QuickBooks Connector to read Magento items and create them for it.
You must choose the Income and Expense Accounts to be used for Inventoried and Non-Inventoried items on the Items Settings setup page.
- You can choose whether you want payment data from Magento to be registered against your sales in your accounting system using the payment configuration options.
Select Map Individual Payment Methods if you want to assign different payment methods to various clearing accounts. Once you are satisfied with your changes, make sure to select Save.
- The following workflow option enables QuickBooks Connector to read every Magento item you have and create them in your accounting software. Some users prefer to only produce products that are actually used in sales (which is mentioned above), but other users wish to send through all Magento items.
Once you are satisfied with your changes, make sure to select Save.
- Simply choose the final workflow, then click Save, to send stock-level information from QuickBooks Online to your Magento products.
You can move on to configuring your sync settings when you have done defining your integration workflow options. You can find this under the Sync tab.
The filter against your Magento order date is specified by the Integration Starting Date setting. As a result, any orders with dates earlier than the specified date will not sync. You can then turn on automated hourly sync after accepting the QuickBooks Connector user terms and conditions.
Advantages of QuickBooks Magento Integration
- It enables synchronizing and updating Customers from Magento to QuickBooks Online both manually and automatically.
- It allows synchronizing and updating Products from Magento to QuickBooks Online both manually and automatically.
- It will enable synchronizing Orders from Magento to QuickBooks Online both manually and automatically.
- It enables synchronizing Invoices from Magento to QuickBooks Online both manually and automatically.
- It allows synchronizing Credit Memos from Magento store to QuickBooks Online both manually and automatically.
- It will enable the admin to view the log to see what is synchronized between two apps.
- It allows the admin to manage the sync queue to see what will be synchronized next.
- It enables mapping payment methods with deposit accounts.
By reading the above blog, you can easily know about QuickBooks Magento Integration. All the important steps are mentioned in how to connect your QuickBooks Online to Magento. But in case you still face any issue related to this then you can connect with Dancing Numbers experts via LIVE CHAT any time as they are available for the users round the clock.
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-800-596-0806 or chat with experts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Magento Integrate with QuickBooks?
You will never have to manually enter data again when you link QuickBooks Online to Magento, which will save you hours every day! Automatically, Magento Connector by Intuit will: Magento and QuickBooks Online stock levels are updated. Share any new or updated Magento products with QuickBooks Online.
How to Set up Ecommerce on QuickBooks?
● By going to the file, you have to select Setup interview.
● Then select Ecommerce and then choose Sign In and Enter your Webgility sign-in info.
● After carefully reviewing the Authorization screen, click Agree & Continue.
● Make sure you see Account Status: Active before selecting OK.
What is QuickBooks Integrator?
Users can manage financial, invoicing, payment, billing, payroll, tax, and inventory management data with the help of the well-known cloud and on-premise accounting solution from QuickBooks.
Does my QuickBooks Desktop Integration Sync inventory locations in QuickBooks with the multi-location inventory in Magento?
No, the multi-location inventory feature is not available in the QuickBooks Desktop integration.
Does the QuickBooks integration Sync Bulk Products upload?
Yes, with each product designed in Magento, it will create a corresponding one on QuickBooks.
Will there be any Problem if there is Existing Data in the QuickBooks account?
No, there won’t be any conflicts in the synchronization in case the synced data has already existed in QuickBooks.