Like Windows version, an integrated payroll service is not incorporated in QuickBooks for Mac. Herein, users are apparently redirected to a third-party website for processing employee checks. Since QuickBooks lacks provision for an innate method for manual payroll tracking, employers looking forth for keeping track of employee payroll in QuickBooks, are advised to subscribe and pay a monthly fee to gain accessibility to Payroll online service for Mac. Know how to pay employees on QuickBooks for Mac.
Save Time, Reduce Errors, and Improve Accuracy
Dancing Numbers helps small businesses, entrepreneurs, and CPAs to do smart transferring of data to and from QuickBooks Desktop. Utilize import, export, and delete services of Dancing Numbers software.
Running a small business can be a daunting task for many, but there are many tools available to help make the process easier. One such tool is QuickBooks for Mac. With this software, you’ll be able to keep track of your company finances easily and in real-time. You can also use it to create purchase invoices and purchase orders. This article will help you learn more about QuickBooks.
What is QuickBooks for Mac?
QuickBooks for Mac is best known as a business management software. It’s also useful as a basic accounting tool. It allows you to keep track of your budget and your purchases while letting you organize your finances by category. This is simple-to-use, especially for new business owners, makes QuickBooks an excellent choice for everyone who wants to start a small business.
What is the Procedure to Pay Employees on QuickBooks for Mac?
There are a lot of different ways to pay employees with QuickBooks. You can create invoices and purchase orders from the company invoice window. If you need to send an email, QuickBooks also has its own email client, which allows you to send along with your invoice or purchase order. You can also make direct deposits with your bank to employee accounts.
If you want to pay your employees by check in QuickBooks, you can do so by printing checks from the “Print Checks” window. You can also pay your employees by credit card or debit card directly through QuickBooks. If you’re using QuickBooks for Mac, QuickBooks offers a simple way to handle this kind of payment.
Let’s discuss the setup process in detail. Just to mention, in case you need any help, you can simply connect with our Dancing Numbers expert connect with instant resolution to your queries and issues.
What is the Procedure to Set up Payroll in QuickBooks for Mac?
Since QuickBooks for Mac Payroll leverages cloud, you are suggested to follow the simple steps mentioned right below in order to set up payroll in QuickBooks for Mac:
- Quickly set up QuickBooks for Mac accounts for gaining access to payroll data. In a situation, wherein a user hasn’t set up payroll accounts, Intuit will do this so that you can export data to QuickBooks. Now, what you are required to do is to key-in your desired account names on the Export Preferences page. If your QuickBooks Company already contains suitable accounts, you can choose accounts directly from your QuickBooks Chart of Accounts. If you need to add an account (perhaps for a new deduction), type the name you want for the account in the field, and it will be set up in the QuickBooks company the first time data is transferred.
- Step 1. From the menu bar, select List, then Chart of Accounts. Employer, and liability accounts used for taxes and withholding. (For cash advances and loan repayment, use fixed asset accounts.)
- Step 2. If you are using subcategories or subaccounts, use a colon to separate the category name from the sub -category. For example, payroll: gross salary (no space before or after the colon).
- Set up QuickBooks classes if you haven’t yet set up classes that apply to your employees in QuickBooks, create them now. Once your classes are set up, write down their names or print the list of classes and highlight the ones you will use for your payroll data.
How to Enable Class Monitoring in QuickBooks for Mac
Steps to Turn on Class tracking in QuickBooks for Mac 2009 and Earlier
Here are the steps you are required to adhere to turn on Class tracking in QuickBooks for Mac 2009 and earlier:
Step 1. Firstly, you are required to click on the Company menu and choose the Company Settings.
Step 2. Now in second step, hit on the Show: arrows and select the Transactions.
Step 3. Now, in the Transactions Sections of Company Settings, click to checkmark Use Class Tracking.
Step 4. Now in the last step you are required to click Apply.
Steps to Turn on Class Tracking in QuickBooks for Mac 2010 and Later
Here are the steps you are required to adhere to turn on Class tracking in QuickBooks for Mac 2010 and later:
Step 1. Firstly, you are required to click on the QuickBooks menu and select Preferences.
Step 2. Now in second step, in the Workflow Section you need to click Transactions. There will be a screen appear with a checkbox titled Use Class Tracking.
Step 3. After that Hit on this box to Turn class tracking on.
Steps to Create the Accounts in the Intuit Online Payroll Account
Here are few steps given to create the accounts in the Intuit Online Payroll Account
Step 1. Firstly, you are required to click Setup.
Step 2. After that, click on the Preferences under the Export heading.
Step 3. Now, in the next step click on QuickBooks for Mac from the software drop down list.
Step 4. Once the above steps are done now you are required to Enter the Name of the Bank Account or select from the drop-down list in the Checking Account box.
Step 5. Hit on to Customize to Enter the Account Names exactly as they visible in QuickBooks or choose from the drop-down list.
- Remember when you are going to enter accounts, you are advised to thoroughly read the help topics next to each field so that nothing is missed. Typically, enter or select an expense account for payroll and tax categories. For accounts belonging to liability, you are advised to enter or appositely opt for the corresponding QuickBooks liability account.
- In case you are making use of cash advance or employee loan deduction, you are suggested to mention or select a company account in order to gain visibility to payroll data.
- If you are on to disparate accounts for different groups of employees, you are suggested to visit salary/tax category in order to type in or opt for other QuickBooks accounts for each employee.
- Well, if you are making use of different accounts for salary/tax types, you are advised to visit salary/tax category section tin order to key-in different QuickBooks accounts for each salary and tax type.
Step 6. You need to know that if classes are chosen, you are required to enter them on the next page post hitting the ok option in the end of the page. To complete the process, hit on the OK button.
Steps to Export the Payroll Information in the Intuit’s Server to the System
Below are the steps to adhere to export the Payroll Information in the Intuit’s Server to the system
Step 1. In the first step, you need to hit on the Pay Day tab, and choose the Export to QuickBooks from the Intuit Online Payroll Account.
Step 2. Going ahead, you are advised to opt for the Checks and Payments you are willing to export. Do not forget, in case if you are exporting for the very first time, you are advised to select Checks and Payments from the last six months. You need to amend the Date Range if you do not see your checks.
Step 3. Now, hit on the Export.
Step 4. And in the end, click Ok once the Confirmation Page is visible.
What Exactly Occurs When the Data is Exported into QuickBooks for Mac
For each payroll service paycheck,a single transaction in the banks account register is created immediately after the payroll data is transferred to QuickBooks.
- A split is visible in the Wage Account which is mentioned in the export preferences.
- A split is visible in the Tax Account which is mentioned in the export preferences.
- One or more splits are visible in every Liability account for federal, state and local taxes owed.
When tax payments are successfully exported, they are quickly posted to the corresponding QuickBooks tax liability account while decreasing the liability. Not to mention, such QB transactions keep a user posted about the balance sheet and profit and loss statements.
We hope that this article help you to understand the process about how to pay employees on QuickBooks on Mac. However, if you are still facing any issue or have any question in your mind please do not hesitate to reach out to our Dancing Numbers experts via LIVE CHAT.
Accounting Professionals, CPA, Enterprises, Owners
Looking for a professional expert to get the right assistance for your problems? Here, we have a team of professional and experienced team members to fix your technical, functional, data transfer, installation, update, upgrade, or data migrations errors. We are here at Dancing Numbers available to assist you with all your queries. To fix these queries you can get in touch with us via a toll-free number
+1-347-428-6831 or chat with experts.